Mold Cleaning using Vinegar
Mold in the home, living or working environment may present a number of health problems for people and animals. While mold in your home may be harmless to most healthy people, those with existing health issues like severe allergies or asthma may suffer more. People with suppressed immune systems or lung disease may also be affected. If left untreated, mold in your home could turn into an even bigger problem. Rather than using a harsh chemical cleaning product, clean mold with vinegar. Vinegar as cleaner is one of the most effective solutions for removing mold.
You May Have Mold in Your Home
Some of the more prominent places where mold tends to grow is in areas of your home that may have very high levels of humidity. Those rooms or spaces that may be exposed to moisture in the air or places that tend to be damp are especially susceptible to mold growth. For example, if you or members of your family tend to take a lot of long, hot showers, then mold is likely to grow on the surfaces in that bathroom. It may even start to grow on areas adjacent to the bathroom. Other common areas where mold may proliferate is the laundry room or perhaps in an exposed patio area. Look for slow plumbing leaks within walls as mold tends to grow there completely unnoticed. Mold may also collect on air vents and vent covers.
Vinegar is a Cheaper, Greener Cleaning Option for Mold
Sure, there are harsh, chemical cleaning products that are designed specifically to handle mold but they are rather expensive and may be harmful to people, animals and the environment. Yes, chlorine bleach will get rid of the mold but will also create strong fumes or vapors that could be harmful. Why not consider cleaning the mold with vinegar? Simply mix a solution of two parts vinegar with three parts water. Then, spray the affected areas with the vinegar solution, add some good old elbow grease and just scrub the mold away. You may be surprised how easily the mold is removed. As an added bonus, you can be proud that you did not add any harsh, toxic chemicals to the environment in your home.
White Vinegar, Distilled Vinegar or White Distilled Vinegar
That is a good question and the simple answer is yes, they are actually all the same. While vinegar can be made form many different liquids, the natural process that creates vinegar is fermentation. This fermentation process creates acetic acid, the active ingredient in vinegar. Typically, the white distilled vinegar available in most stores are mostly water with about five to eight percent acetic acid. Pickling vinegar is a bit stronger and contains higher levels of acetic acid. The vinegar used for cleaning can be picked up in just about any market or store and costs just pennies to use.
Making your own cleaning solutions at home from natural, easily obtainable products could be a small way to help the planet. Consider using green, natural cleaners rather than purchasing expensive, harsh chemical cleaning products at your local store. Anything you need to clean and sanitize your home can be made for a few simple items like salt, borax, baking soda and even lemons.
There are many other recipes and formulas for green cleaning. These natural cleaning methods can be made from a few cheap, common items like salt, lemons, borax and baking soda.
Mold Cleaning Precautions
Mold cleaning process is health hazardous. However, once mold develop in your home, you have to remove mold to maintain a healthy indoor environment. Now, this is a tricky situation. You have to arrange complete mold cleaning without getting infected.
But do not panic; this is not something unachievable. You can kill mold and avoid mold poisoning too. Safe mold removal is what you need to follow. Here I would tell you how to do that.
First of all, avoid bleach, pesticides, insecticides or sanitizers. Mold is a fungus - not an insect neither pest. To clean mildews successfully you should use laboratory made mold cleaners only. And go with natural cleaning products.
Natural mold cleaning products are not only strong at removing mold and mildews, but safe for the health of the users as well. Organic constituents do not impact your health adversely and you do not fall sick or catch infection at the end of the cleaning process.
Finally you need to take some precautions to avoid exposure. A lot of people get infected while cleaning mold as huge amount of spores and hyphal fragments are released in air when you clean. Inhaling these allergens can lead to serious health concerns.
How to avoid infection when you clean mold:
Allergen count might increase 100 times than normal during mold removal phase. So you need to be very careful. Make sure children, people with week immune system and asthma patients are not present at the spot. They can get seriously infected by breathing such impure air. If you are allergic or asthmatic never ever get involved in mold cleaning - hire professionals to do it for you.
Cover your face with a mask, wear gloves, use sun glasses and put on full sleeve suits and trousers. Avoid skin contact with mold colonies while cleaning. You can buy biohazard protection suit to ensure complete protection.
And make sure the suit offers goggles. Eye infection, irritation of eyes, red and watery eyes are the common symptoms of mold poisoning. You need to protect your eyes from mold.
Make sure the area is well-ventilated so that air-borne allergens are carried out by air current and spore count remains low. If you are using bleach, chances are high that there will be plenty of fumes. Open opposite windows and doors so that air can flow easily in and out. You can install exhaust fan to keep air flowing too.
If you are cleaning carpet, wood or any porous material, be more careful. It is difficult to clean mold off porous substances. You can hire professional carpet cleaners and mold removers for better result. Or, use kill mold spray - the globules of mold cleaning solution enter through the porous substances and remove mold from the places that are quite inaccessible.
If the mold infected substance can be trashed then trash it. Make sure you insulate the items properly and do not touch the infected objects by hand.
Dead mold bodies are allergen too. Inhaling dead mold fragment can also result in allergic reactions. So stay alert for few days after mold cleaning.
Don't forget to learn about Cleaning Mold with Bleach
Get a professional to remove your Mold : Mold Inspection in Houston, Tx
13359 North Highway 183
Suite 406-640 Austin, TX 78750
Read full article Here: Using Vinegar to Clean Mold