Preventing Mold Related Health Issues
Mold can do damage to your home, and it can or will affect you as well. This mold causes symptoms that can start happening to your body, and sometimes they can be serious. You have to make sure that you do not have mold because you do not want your family to get affected by this. It can have worse effects in little kids because their bodies can not fight that well against it. These mold health problems can cause permanent damage to your system, and you may have to be put on medicine.
The problems that can start to show up in the form of headaches, dizziness, runny nose, itchy eyes, fevers, wheezing, sneezing, and it can make your eyes red. When the eyes are red, it can feel like it is burning and dry. It can also cause nasal congestion and coughing, which can start when you walk into your house. But these are not all of what it can do. It can get much worse. The worse problems are asthma, trouble breathing, and it can cause people with allergies to get much, much worse.
If you have allergies, hives and rashes can start to form all over your body, making you itch badly. What can make these problems even worse is that the black mold can get in the air, which is airborne mold. When that happens, it can or will get on and in everything in your home making it easier for it to get to you and in your body. When you have airborne mold spores, you have to have everything cleaned and cleaned well so that the mold will die. If you think you have an issue with mold and live within Houston, you must have mold testing done. a reputable Mold Inspection Houston Company can help.
If you have these symptoms, you might want to see your doctor and have your home checked and tested for mold. Do this even if you have the smallest symptoms or symptoms because it could be caused by mold, and it is better to be safe than sorry. There are other ways you can tell that you have mold just by the odors in your house. All it takes is that whiff of your nose to tell that because your nose can smell it. It can smell like a musty or a moldy smell, and it can be very strong. So if the air in your house smells funny, have your house checked and tested by the mold professionals and recommend to you ways to prevent mold from growing in your house.
How do you prevent mold from growing in your house?
You have to keep your family safe from this because mold can cause serious problems. Mold can grow within 48 hours after a flood or lots of water got spilled on the floor. That is why it is very important to keep your house dry and to clean up water fast when it is spilled. If it comes from a flood, you have to wait until the water is out and the house is checked.
If you have a lot of headaches, get your house checked for mold because that can be a sign of toxic mold in your house. You need to keep your house dry, and you can have a dehumidifier in your house to keep the moisture out and the mold as well. If you have a basement, keep that area dry because mold likes to grow down there due to it having dark areas, and moisture likes so set in down there. If you don't keep your house dry, mold can appear, and it can grow on cement, bricks, wood, drywall, carpets, and in the ceiling. Mold can get anywhere it wants to, and it can or will affect your family's health in time or just like that.
You can kill mold with bleach, which is good to scrub it in to kill all of it and clean the area that the mold was growing on. Make sure there are no spaces under the door from water to get under it because that can cause mold to grow under the carpet and under or on the floor. Make sure the roof is fixed so no water can drip through it because that can get on anything on your house and cause mold to grow on it. Check all pipes for cracks or to see if the seal around the pipes is good. Make sure that all the appliances are put in right, and the dryer has a hose on it because this will prevent mold growth.
Don't walk in the house with wet shoes because it will get the carpet all wet, and it will soak into the fabric of the carpet, which will cause mold. If you have a spill, clean it up right away and get it dry, so it will not soak in the carpet or on the floor. Don't lay wet clothes on the floor that can cause mold to grow because the water from the wet clothes can soak in the floor or the carpet will develop mold. If water gets on the carpet, it will lock in moisture and mold will start to form on it, and you will have to remove the carpet from your house, so mold will not set in.